Tips to keep your love alive and your sleep deep… This Valentines Day and every day
Sleeping in the arms of your better half, sounds like a fairytale, but for many couples being up close and personal when you’re trying to get good zzz’s is a nightmare. Fear not, sweethearts! Here are some tips to ensure a peaceful slumber while sharing a bed with your plus one.
Sweet Dreams with our Marriage-Saving Technology
Did you know that the key to sweet dreams is all about the springs? Yes, we're talking about individualised pocket springs, the love language of mattresses. Think of it as the key to keeping the love alive, even when you're sleeping. These springs, encased in their own separate pockets, provide more precise support and reduce the transfer of movements across the mattress. So, when your partner decides to do an interpretive dance solo in their sleep, you won't feel a thing. Plus, these springs are more durable and long-lasting than other types, ensuring your love for each other (and your mattress) will never die.
But wait, there's more! Individualised pocket springs also promote spinal alignment and pressure relief. This leads to a more comfortable and rejuvenating sleep experience for both of you, leaving you refreshed and just generally a nicer person to be around. Both our ranges of Comfi mattresses come with commercial grade individualised pocket springs, aka our Marriage-Saving Technology. So why not make this Valentine's Day the start of your year of love with a Comfi mattress upgrade? Maybe you don’t need couples counselling, just a good night’s sleep!
When your sweetheart snores a symphony
If your partner's snores are keeping you up at night, fear not! There are a few strategies you can try to help keep the peace.
First up, encourage your partner to sleep on their side instead of their back. We all know snoring is like a lullaby when it's on the right tune, but if it's disrupting your sleep, a change of position might do the trick.
Next, make sure they check the alignment of their head position, which often means taking a look at their pillow. This simple hack can make the world of difference to encourage proper air flow through the air passages. Check out our range of pillows with various support profiles.
And finally, steer clear of alcohol and large meals before bedtime. A full stomach and a few too many drinks can lead to a loud and off-tune concerto, all night long!
If all else fails, it may be time to consult a healthcare professional. Snoring can be a symptom of a more serious sleep disorder, such as sleep apnea. But don't worry, with the right treatment or coaching you and your partner will be back to sleeping like husbands in no time.
Tips on how to keep the love alive when sharing a bed
If after upgrading your mattress and addressing the snoring symphony don’t yield the results you need, here are some more tips on how to keep your love intact when sharing a bed.
- Blanket Dance: Tangling up in a blanket can lead to a restless night. Ditch the shared blanket for separate ones to minimise movements and disruptions.
- Dreamscape: Create a sleep-conducive environment by keeping the room cool, dark, and quiet. Say goodbye to screens before bedtime too.
- Bedtime Love Ritual: Establish a bedtime routine that both of you can enjoy, like reading a love story, taking a warm bath, or practising relaxation techniques. And ahem, we don’t need to tell what the most obvious relaxation love ritual is.
- Ditch the Late-Night Munchies & Tipples: A heavy meal before bedtime and one too many nightcaps can cause trouble for your sleep. Avoid eating two hours before bedtime, as well as drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, to keep the peace.
- Earplugs are your BFF’s: If the snoring hacks have yet to yield results, grab some earplugs to block out the sound and improve your quality of sleep.
- Sleep and Love Only: Reserve the bed for sleep and intimate moments only. Train your brain to associate the bed with sweet dreams and love.
- Separate but Together: If all else fails, separate beds can provide you with more space, comfort, and freedom to move around. But this doesn’t mean you have to sleep on opposite sides of your bedroom. Why not invest in 2 single mattresses but on the same base? That way you can still roll over for cuddles but have your space.
Happy Valentine’s Day lovers!